[Samba] Cannot connect MacOSX domain member to PDC

Tony Baker tony at onestep.co.uk
Tue May 18 12:50:53 GMT 2004

I have a PDC which is a Sun280R with Solaris 8 running PCNetlink2.0
(effectively a WindowsNT4.0 server)

I want to join a Apple G5 with MacOSX10.3.3 (Samba 3.0) as a domain
member of the above PDC.

It will not allow me to do this and has lots of "master browser -
unknown" in the logs of the Apple.

I have the IP address in the same range as the PDC and have the netmask
set the same also.

I can make the Apple a standalone server and can then map a drive in a
windows client, but it is still not seen in "Network Neighbourhood".

Has anybody had/seen these issues with Apples before and can pass on any
help.

Regards

Tony