[Samba] Samba 3.0.2a on Redhat 7.2

David Pérez david at arete-consulting.com
Tue May 18 08:47:01 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I am running Samba 3.0.2a on the mode "user" on Redhat 7.2.
Sometimes people can access a shared drive from their home , using XP
professional, sometimes people can't access, as they are continuesly asked
for username and password again.
Inside the office, it works fine, people can access the share drive, it is
only from outside the office, people cannot always log into our office
network (server behind a NETGEAR router (port forwarding 137-139)) and our
connection is BT broad 512 Ko)
What is strange is with the same username and password (and same OS), some
people can access and some people can't.
Any known problem with the version installed on my server?

Thanks :)

David