[Samba] SOLVED: Roaming profiles not updating XP

Cory Verellen cverellen at autoscaninc.com
Mon May 17 20:48:01 GMT 2004

Amazing, this issue has been killing me for months. Every few weeks when I'm
in the office I put a few hours into it, no luck. Your resolution works as
advertised. Here's what I did

1.	On a windows box, Logon as an administrator.
2.	Start>Run>services.msc
3.	Properties of "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" > Set to Manual
4.	reboot
5.	logon with roaming profile, make a change to verify. (create a
folder on desktop)
6.	logoff/reboot > logon and browse to server profiles share and verify
that the newly created dir is present in %username%\desktop

You are a lifesaver. I can't believe nobody (read: Microsoft/Nvidia) has
figured this out! Well not that I've seen.

Thanks,

Cory Verellen