[Samba] Samba 3.0.2a password change issue (without win2k/xp clients)

Flávio Henrique flavinhohenrique at terra.com.br
Mon May 17 15:51:28 GMT 2004

Hi all..

I having problems to change the client's autentication password (on Samba
pdc)
I have only win98 clients...
They can login, but can't change their passwords in Control Painel >
Passwords (the error message says that 'password is incorrect')

I'm running Samba 3.0.2a on Mandrake 9.2 with 50 win98 clients...

I know that this version has a bug for password changing with win2k/xp
clients, but someone knows if win98 clients is affected too ??

Or, please, some hint to how to resolve this ?

Thanx

Flávio

my smb.conf option is:

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = MYGROUP
server string = Samba Server %v
min passwd length = 5
map to guest = Bad User
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
unix password sync = Yes
ntlm auth = No
client plaintext auth = No
log level = 1
log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m
max log size = 50
name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
printcap name = cups
domain logons = Yes
os level = 100
preferred master = Yes