[Samba] Winbindd growing

Simone simone72 at email.it
Mon May 17 14:56:24 GMT 2004

Hi list,
I have a samba 3.0.2a running on a Red Hat EL 3.0 in a ADS win2k domain.
The server is a domain member and all is working just fine. People connect
to the shares using kerberos, no problems. I'm a bit worried cause winbindd
is growing every day, if I look at the running processes through webmin I get

9972   root    166452 kB    winbindd    -B

This morning the process was 139000 Kb. Last week I've had samba crashing
for the first time, or better, winbindd crashing, cause restarting it
solved the problem.
What I could check before restarting winbindd was it's size around
140000Kb. Is it normal that winbindd grows that much? We have only 40
clients and the traffic is not heavy at all.

As usual any suggestion really appreciated.
Have a nice day

Simone