[Samba] Doman Group in new version of samba

Kit kit at gerritsaa.nl
Mon May 17 13:08:12 GMT 2004

Actually, there is...

What it means:
The group NT group the user belongs to is not defined.
As backup measure, Samba will give the Unix groupname.

Groups are now maintained by the [net] command.
[Taken from http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6684&page=2 ]

net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=admins
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=users
net groupmap add ntgroup="Teachers" unixgroup=teachers
net groupmap add ntgroup="Students" unixgroup=students

Have fun!