[Samba] Linux CIFS client with Samba 2.0.x or 2.2.x ?

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Mon May 17 12:09:26 GMT 2004

Forget about 2.0, 2.2.7 or later req'ed iirc. About your perm prob: upgrade
client side VFS module to 1.0.4 (if it isn't already in 2.6.6) and mount.cifs
to latest version, some credentials issues patched there, too.
Apart from that - when you got it working, can you try copying a few hundred
MB (one big file or many small doesn't matter) and check for hangs?

Dex

On 15 May 2004 18:32:48 -0400
"Patrick J. LoPresti" <patl at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hi.  I am experimenting with the Linux CIFS client included with Linux
> 2.6.6, and I am having some problems.
>
> First, I tried to map shares from a Samba 2.0.10 server (old machine).
> Is this supposed to work at all?  The mount succeeds, and I can
> traverse and list directories, but any attempt to open a file for
> reading results in "permission denied".  The Samba server logs this
> message:

snip