[Samba] smb_request error

Hatch, Ryan rhatch at leadership-solutions.net
Sun May 16 17:36:05 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am running samba 3.0.4 on my fedora box and I have been noticing a
message like this showing up in /var/log/messages every hour, on the
hour.

May 16 10:01:00 box kernel: smb_request: result -104, setting invalid
May 16 10:01:00 box kernel: smb_retry: successful, new pid=21347,
generation=9

I assume that this message is being caused somehow by a cron job
(diskcheck) that is going through and accessing all of my mounted
volumes.  It doesn't seem however that I should be receiving a message
like that.  Does anybody know what the cause of it could be?  Is there
any way to eliminate it or at least have it not clog up my
/var/log/messages?

Thank you very much.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Ryan Hatch