[Samba] CUPS - problems changing printing pref. on Win XP

Adina S sambadyna at yahoo.com
Sat May 15 11:57:11 GMT 2004

Hello

Hope I can get some help on printing problems.
I have samba 3.0.0-15 as a PDC and printer server for
a small netwrok - Win98, XP and 2000.
I installed printer drivers on my server using cups
1.1.20 (and ghostscript ESP 7.07) but I have a few
problems with the clients. XP downloaded the drivers,
I can print but I can´t change printing preferences on
this machine. When I tried to see them I received an
error: ´Function address 0x6a90450e caused a
protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005).Some or
all property page(s) may not be displayed.´ I searched
an answer to this problem but all I found was that I
should delete printer and driver form XP client,
reboot and install them again. But it didn´t work...
For Win 2000 it´s even worse. I can´t install the
driver because the same error message appers the
moment I click on printer on samba share.
Could anyone help me with an answer?

Thanks in advance,
Adina