[Samba] rejected our name registration of WORKGROUP<1d> with errorcode 6

antonio at kabaya.homelinux.org antonio at kabaya.homelinux.org
Sat May 15 02:09:23 GMT 2004

Ok, some directives were not right( I has them commented), now with:

master local = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 34

and in the machine that rejected the name (w98) disabled master browser.

The samba server wins the election and you can see it in nethood in all
boxes BUT 172.26.0.2, samba server cannot mount its shares (timeout
exceed,  no connection to 172.26.0.2:139) and a xp that I try couldn't
access it.

This is not a samba affaire, its another thing, but it puzzled me that
others win98 boxes could access its shares.

And why there is an autoreply of some people when I send a message to the
list?

Regards.