[Samba] winbind - pam_listfile.so for solaris

Ben Kim bkim at coe.tamu.edu
Fri May 14 20:45:46 GMT 2004

We use samba 2.2.9 with winbind. We use winbind for authentication.

I was able to selectively limit pop3 use among winbind users on redhat 9
with this pam configuration. (As you would use it in ftpusers, in the
reverse sense.)

auth required /lib/security/pam_listfile.so item=user onerr=fail
sense=allow file=/etc/pop3users

This is the best solution for my situation, and I want to have that on my
Solaris servers as well. However, I couldn't find from my long searches
whether there's an equivalent of pam_listfile.so for solaris.

I understand  users can make their own pam modules, but I am looking for a
ready made solution.

I'd appreciate any help.

Regards,
Ben Kim