[Samba] OTHER BUG IN SAMBA 3.0.4 ?! FORCE USER

Leandro llattan at uyuyuy.com
Fri May 14 20:22:53 GMT 2004

(excuse me for my bad english)

I CAN´T CHANGE WRITABLE/READ-ONLY VALUE BECAUSE I NEED THAT
ANYONE WRITE EXCEPT THE USER/GROUP IN WRITELIST

I used the samba-3.0.1pre1 without problems.
Now, I use the samba-3.0.4 (bug ms04-011 fixed)

Is this a samba 3.0.4 bug ?! :

[rental]
    comment = Rental
    path = /home/rental
    valid users = @administradores @rental mesaayuda ctoledo
    public = no
    browsable = no
    writable = no
    writelist = @administradores apetrone
    force create mode = 0770
    force directory mode = 0770
    directory mask = 0770
    create mask = 0770
    force group = rental

SAMBA 3.0.1pre1   ALL OK
SAMBA 3.0.4   ALL OK

BUT ... when i add the force user parameter

[rental]
    comment = Rental
    path = /home/rental
    valid users = @administradores @rental mesaayuda
    public = no
    browsable = no
    writable = no
    writelist = @administradores apetrone
    force create mode = 0770
    force directory mode = 0770
    directory mask = 0770
    create mask = 0770
    force user = administrador
    force group = rental

SAMBA 3.0.1pre1   ALL OK (files/dirs:   mod 770   own  administrador:rental)
SAMBA 3.0.4  i can´t write with all users (administrador, apetrone, administradores, etc)

i switch the versions and confirm the error.

Leandro LATTANZIO.
llattan at uyuyuy.com