[Samba] odd problem with getent,

Mike Sullivan mike.sullivan at alltec.com
Fri May 14 17:49:03 GMT 2004

I am using samba 3.0.2a.  on Suse Linux 9.0 for AMD64.  If I issue
'getent passwd' I get a list of the domain user accounts.  If I select
one of the usernames from the output and issue

'getent passwd  DOMAIN-user'  I get no response. I have put the debug level
of winbind to 10 and queries without a username result in a lot of activity
on winbindd's part.  Hower doing the same for a single user results in no
output from winbind, it seems the query is not forwarded to the daemon if
the details for a particular user are requested.

                                          Mike

--
Mike Sullivan                           V.P. Performance Computing
@lliance Technologies,                  Voice: (416) 385-3255 x 228,