[Samba] 10 X Linux boxes - join win2k AD (mixed mode)

VR-Bug Support bugtraq at victoriareal.com
Thu May 13 14:37:56 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I'd like to know your views on the following:

I have around 10 Linux servers, any that run samba or on version 2.2.* they have there own smbpasswd files, but are within the same win2k browse domain.

I'd like to upgrade to samba 3.0.* and currently use openldap to authenticate Unix users to any of the Linux boxes.

I'd like to get rid of using multiple smbpasswd files, and start to authenticate against the win2k AD controllers or openldap.

I've been looking at the various discussions on this list for some time now to see if there was a preferred way of doing this but haven't come to a conclusion, does anyone have one?

Thanks

Luke.

BTW - Great work, samba 2.2.* has been so stable and quick for us, if it were my choice I'd ditch windoze altogether :)

A winner every minute of the day - The 24 Hour Drop www.24hourgames.tv

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ENDEMOL UK plc unless specifically stated.
This email and the information it contains are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately and delete the copy you have received from your system.
You should not copy it for any purpose, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents to any other person. If you suspect the message may have been intercepted or amended please call the sender.