[Samba] samba master problems

phil at mcs.st-and.ac.uk phil at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Wed May 12 13:48:08 GMT 2004

HI,

I have been experiencing problems for the last few days.
One of our systems rebooted itself, and for some reason became the
Master on our Samba network.
This resulted in the loss of the workgroup when going through network
neirgbourhood/my network places etc.
I restarted samba on our servers....leaving the 'master' system off
thenetwork.
Now when I run smbclient there is no master defined.

In the log.nmb there is this error
 -process_get_backup_list_request: Cannot find workgroup RUWPA on
subnet UNICAST_SUBNET

Everything seems to be working fine apart from this...
using run then //ruwpa-space works fine...and users with the drives
attached previously are ok.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Phil.