[Samba] Re: Yet Another LDAP Question

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed May 12 07:53:04 GMT 2004

What you CAN do is use PAM_smbpass, with the migrate flag, and migrate all
of the UNIX passwords this way. This way, when a user logs in via UNIX or
Samba, their password makes it into the Samba password file. You never
actually have to turn on password encryption via smbpasswd, 'far as I
know, but this will give you a list of NT hashes to work with to then
convert.

Does this help at all?

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630