[Samba] How to display the folder names in Japanese?

Bull TORS pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Wed May 12 06:02:20 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a FreeBSD-Current and I wanted to access the shares in our Windows NT.
What I did:
Since I only wanted to Access the only Data Server that we have in our
ethernet LAN I tried in kterm the following,
  #smbutil view //windows_username at dataserver
The result is,
Share        Type       Comment
-------------------------------
NETLOGON     disk       Logon server share
ADMIN$       disk       Remote Admin
REPL$        disk
IPC$         pipe       Remote IPC
C$           disk       Default share
G$           disk       Default share
H$           disk       Default share

As you can see the folder names which are supposed to be in Japanese comes out
as C$, G$, H$...
My kterm can of course input/display Japanese characters...without any
problems...
man smbutil does not give me any option how to display the proper
characters...
Any help, pointers, advice would really be great...

Thank you and hoping for your replies...

Bull TORS