[Samba] HP-UX 11i and Inability to run Samba 3.0.x

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed May 12 05:49:33 GMT 2004

Thanks a lot -- I've been trying to get our machines upgraded to 3.0.x
lately, and I have been running into that buffer error and this PANIC over
and over. The funny thing is it SEEMS to work OK (and a fair amount faster
than 2.2.x) and then under a moderate load, the whole thing starts to
flake out and become unresponsive, slow, and unreliable -- often remedied
by a restart to an extent. A fellow staff member actually cron'd a
stop/start at 15 minute intervals to attempt to limp along.

I would be happy to provide any testing assistance that I can. We have
gotten a lot out of Samba and would certainly be willing to help give
back.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630