[Samba] Preserving Windows ACL's

Bennett, Jason jbennett at forzani.com
Tue May 11 18:19:40 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have Samba 3.0.2a running on my Crux Linux server which is a member of my
Active Directory and authenticating as such.  I have POSIX ACL's setup on
XFS filesystems, everything is working great and extended ACL's are working
just fine.  Currently however I cannot seem to preserve ACL's when I copy a
file from an existing Windows 2000 server to my samba mount.  If I copy
without preserving permissions everything is fine, but if I attempt to do an
xcopy or other method to preserve permissions I get access denied messages.
Modifying permissions through the windows GUI works fine, but if I xcopy, it
fails on permissions.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks

Jason