[Samba] ldap replication

Nishant Sharma nishant at deeproot.co.in
Tue May 11 11:52:50 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 15:58, Stefan Kania wrote:

> But now my problem started. It is no longer possible to log in to the
> system :-(. With login over ssh i got the message "permission denied"

What are the entries in following files:

nsswitch.conf
ldap.conf
libnssldap.conf
libpamldap.conf

> when i login as root everything works, then i try "su my-name" i got the
> message "no such user my-name". Also an "ldapsearch -x -h localhost
> (cn=my-name)" woun't bring up any results.

This is because root exists in /etc/passwd file but my-name is in LDAP
database. You need to add following line in your slapd.conf in
permission section to be able to search anonymously:

access to * by * read

Also are you able to get the full user list by issuing this:

# getent passwd

regards,
Nishant
--
Nishant Sharma <nishant at deeproot.co.in>
Support - Enterprise Server Systems

--
=== ALL CSH USERS PLEASE NOTE ======================== Set the variable
$LOSERS to all the people that you think are losers. This will cause all