[Samba] ldap replication

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Tue May 11 10:28:06 GMT 2004

Hello,
I have two ldapservers with Samba PDC and BDC. I started with the PDC i
use Suse 9.0 with ldap "out of the box" and Samba 3.0.2a. Everything is
working fine with only the PDC running. Now i configured replication. In
my slapd.conf file on the master server i added the following lines

#permission
access to * by dn="cn=repl,dc=felix,dc=local" write
# database definition
replogfile	/var/lib/ldap/slurpd/slurpd.log
replica uri=ldap://felixols01.felix.local:389
binddn="cn=repl,dc=felix,dc=local"
bindmethod=simple
credentials=topsecret
tls=no

In slapd.conf of my slave server i added:

updatedn	"cn=repl,dc=felix,dc=local"
updateref	ldap://felixsch01.felix.local

I copied all database files from master to slave. Then i started all
services in the following order:
- ldapserver on slave
- ldapserver on master
- slurpd on master

I checked replication. Everything was working i added some new objects
on my master server and with the ldap-browser i could see the new object
on my master and slave server. I can change all attributes on all
objects and i can browse throug the whole ldap-tree.
But now my problem started. It is no longer possible to log in to the
system :-(. With login over ssh i got the message "permission denied"
when i login as root everything works, then i try "su my-name" i got the
message "no such user my-name". Also an "ldapsearch -x -h localhost
(cn=my-name)" woun't bring up any results.
Is there someone who can help me, im totally lost?

Stefan

--
Kösliner Straße 75
48147 Münster