[Samba] cant convert SID to UID...

Nick Stephens nick at dominance.org
Tue May 11 00:01:03 GMT 2004

I am running a redhat 7.3 server with the 2.4.26 kernel.  I am using Samba
3.0.0beta2 to allow Windows AD Users to access our sendmail mailserver
with their windows logins/passwords.  Things have gone very smoothly for
quite some time until I recently went to add new users.

If i try to convert the SID's of users i added a while ago, it still
works.. but for any new users i try to add, it does not work.  in example,

#] wbinfo -n josh|xargs wbinfo -S
Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-1185626433-31129641-14044502-1472 to uid

#] wbinfo -n jim|xargs wbinfo -S
10029

jim being an older user, and josh being a brand new user i added
yesterday.

This is important to me only because I add /etc/passwd entries to map out
homedirectories to match the AD users.  Has anyone seen this before?

------
bmbr                                    http://www.manipulate.org
Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.. No, wait.. Not me. You.