[Samba] need help: net rpc join problem.

Jack J get_info101 at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 19:23:24 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have problem when trying to run command:
net rpc join ...

problem: After I run nmbd I run the command and see
error:

Unable to find a suitable server

I see nmbd logs:

----------

find_workgroup_on_subnet: workgroup search for AD on
subnet UNICAST_SUBNET: found.
retransmit_or_expire_response_records: timeout for
packet id 21674 to IP A.B.C.D on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
wins_registration_timeout: WINS server A.B.C.D timed
out registering IP X.X.X.X
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
retransmit_or_expire_response_records: timeout for
packet id 21675 to IP A.B.C.D on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
wins_registration_timeout: WINS server A.B.C.D timed
out registering IP X.X.X.X
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
retransmit_or_expire_response_records: timeout for
packet id 21676 to IP A.B.C.D on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
wins_registration_timeout: WINS server A.B.C.D timed
out registering IP X.X.X.X
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
retransmit_or_expire_response_records: timeout for
packet id 21677 to IP A.B.C.D on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
wins_registration_timeout: WINS server A.B.C.D timed
out registering IP X.X.X.X
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
retransmit_or_expire_response_records: timeout for
packet id 21678 to IP A.B.C.D on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET
wins_registration_timeout: WINS server A.B.C.D timed
out registering IP X.X.X.X
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead
wins_srv_is_dead: A.B.C.D is dead

However, after a while re-running net rpc (same
command) as above works !
Is there a timeout that I can configure in
smb.conf file or such to reduce the delay ?

Any suggestions/pointers, please email me.

Thank you very much.