[Samba] Add Hosts as Domain Admin

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon May 10 12:58:29 GMT 2004

As an alternative, if you set up a UNIX user 'Administrator' group and
have them properly configured for your domain you can give THAT out with
a different password.  Give them a UID of 0 and an invalid shell and you
should be good.  Of course there are a fair amount of holes that the
user could jump through with that, but at least you're not entirely
giving out 'root' on the server.

If you are using LDAP and the idealx scripts this is set up for you with
the populate script.  Otherwise, make sure the SID of the user is <your
domain SID>-512 for them to be a proper administrator as far as windows
is concerned.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254