[Samba] Knows linux but NO MS, needs help setting up PDC for school

Shaun Savage savages at savages.net
Sun May 9 18:31:46 GMT 2004

Hi folks

I have worked with Linux for 8 year and have not touched MSwindows.   I
hneed help setting up XP-pro and Samba on Linux.

My local school has asked me to setup a computer network using MSwindows
XP as clients and Linux as the server.  I have no experiance with
MSwindows (it's evil).  The MSwindows computers has Mozilla, gaim and
openoffice installed. I have bought both " The official Samba-3" and
"Samba-3 by example" but there is no XP configuration.

I want to setup the network with Linux/Samba as the PDC (control logins)
and then "user" based auth.  But not knowing MSwindows I don't know what
some to the terms mean.

I have simple "share" mode working and printing. But I get lost after that.

Please help me off list.

Thanx
shaun