[Samba] Upgrading from 2.2.7 to 3.0.3

Chris Snider Chris.Snider at Tagtmi.com
Fri May 7 20:59:24 GMT 2004

Is there a how-to out there which could walk me through upgrading a working
Samba 2.2.7/Openldap server to Samba 3.0.3/Openldap server?  I can get Samba
3.0.3 and Openldap to work with a new install however when I attempt to
import my old LDAP database I have to change the user's password and rejoin
the workstations to the domain.  Do I have to do this or should it be pretty
seamless?  I converted my ldif file by running ./convertsambaaccount --sid
S.  --input old.ldif  --output new.ldif and imported into my LDAP database
however I can't login unless I change the user's password.  I have around
1000 users and 1000+ workstations so changing every password isn't an
option.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris