[Samba] Net ads join

Tom Skeren tms3 at fsklaw.net
Fri May 7 13:08:36 GMT 2004

Thanks again Paul,

I got the Redhat box working, mostly, except that all users only have
user rights on the samba share.  Can't seem to get ADS users to have the
permisions on Samba shares they have on the 2000 shares.  But  a  huge
leap forward  for  me  today. I've been spinning my wheels all week.
The article link was most helpful.  Now it's onto the FreeBSD boxes, and
configuring bind9 to mimic well enough 2000DNS so that the sattelite
offices samba servers can authenticate too.

The BSD boxes under kinit are behaving oddly.  The laptop keeps
responding back with clock skew too great.  The FreeBSD server is
running bind so, it's not even getting to kerberos, yet.

Thanks again.