[Samba] Samba and Rational ClearCase

Brandon D Monterosso bmonterosso at csc.com
Fri May 7 19:45:11 GMT 2004

Hello everyone,

Getting to the point, we are running Samba on a solaris server, and using
it as a PDC for our windows clients who we have installed ClearCase on.
The groups and IDs exist for clearcase_albd on the UNIX domain and are
functioning from a samba standpoint and we can login on the NT side with
them; however when we try to start the atria license broker, it fails.

We have tried mapping the unix id clearcase_albd to ccadm within samba and
have tried adding those IDs locally on the pc, with no luck, it still
fails to start and give the most generic error code for the service in the
event viewer... no help there.

Anyone with any pointers?

Brandon

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.