[Samba] Net ads join

Tom Skeren tms3 at fsklaw.net
Fri May 7 10:25:28 GMT 2004

Thanks for asking Paul.

I decided to see the error message of a net ads join -U admin would be
and got:  can't find realm.  Edited krb5.conf changing kdc =
server.fsklaw.net to kerberos.fsklaw.net.  I then joined the domain, and
in Windows 2000 the computer Linux is their with Opereating system 3.0.3.

However, krb5kdc.log says:

Cannot find/read stored master key -  while fetching master key K/M for
realm fsklaw.net.

Also, it appears that winbindd will not start.  I'm very new to Redhat,
so while I have a modest UNIX (BSD) background, I'm a bit  of a fish out
of water on the Redhat box, so be gentle  ;-).

Thanks again Paul

TMS III