[Samba] samba admin user permissions

Jose Martinez jvm_vi at bellsouth.net
Fri May 7 13:00:23 GMT 2004

Running samba 3.0.2.  My users are all in the unix group called admins

I ran the following command:

net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=admins

I can do most things, however when I browse the web, things are all messed
up. Most pages wont come up. Has anyone seen this and can provide some
input.  Or if you know how to make your unix user be an admin on the XP
workstation that would be great.

Also, I have added my username to the Local Administrators group, and that
didn't seem to solve the problem. I am using Roaming Profiles.

Jose