[Samba] Re: Migrate passwords from NT4 to Samba-LDAP

Philip Washington phwashington at comcast.net
Thu May 6 21:41:53 GMT 2004

Alban Browaeys wrote:
>>    We are also finding that users that we enter manually, when
>>attempting to login: if we enter the correct password we get and error
>>messages that the user cannot be logged in due to error C000189.
>

> I got those kind of errors whenever my statiosn are not joined properly.
> (i forgot to create machine posix account, nullify its password, or apply
> the join command )
>
> PS/ windows reboot when you set the domain though it fails at this stage
> you have to reboot again when you end fixing its trust account on the PDC
>
> Hopes its help
> Alban

Thanks, you were correct.  Prior to doing the migration we checked the
locat sid and everything was fine.  Our problem was that we had an
preload.ldif file which had the wrong sid in it.  It appears to be
working now with users whose passwords have been changed manually on the
Samba PDC.  We still have not found a solution as to why the passwords
didn't migrate.
  We have also discovered another problem.  The user profiles are changed.