[Samba] Administrator rights for Windows update?

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu May 6 12:37:59 GMT 2004

Is it necessary to give root access to install system wide packages in
UNIX?  There is really no difference, aside from this being a new
concept to long time windows users.   Installing updates requires enough
permissions to modify/delete critical system files, and you don't want
Joe Schmoe doing that.

Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH wrote:

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254