[Samba] Domain security, users still asked for login

Hamish captainmish at gmx.net
Thu May 6 12:26:48 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry
Thanks for your patience, I have tried installing 3.0.3 again and it has
once again started to ask for logins. I restarted all the services
(nmb,smb,winbind) and it continued. After another 5 minutes, i restarted
the services again, it started accepting connections - I am really sorry
for the hassle, still trying to figure out what I did wrong!
Some things have been added to smb.conf: here is the working one:

[global]
        unix charset = LOCALE
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        realm = MYDOMAIN.MYDOMAIN.MY
        server string = dataserver
        interfaces = 127.0.0.1, eth0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = MYPWDSERVER
        local master = No
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000

[share defs...]

My next step is to move some multi-user (around 15 max users) approach
database files to the samba server.
Thanks again, and sorry for being a pain!