[Samba] More roaming profile-Windows XP Data

Bill MacAllister post+samba at macallister.grass-valley.ca.us
Thu May 6 08:00:59 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have a Samba 3.0.2a PDC that I have joined server Windows XP machines to.
Joining the domain was painfully enough, but now I am having problems with
roaming profiles.  We initially thought the problem was intermittent, but
we finally figured out that if the same user logs in again and again the
roaming profile is found and login proceeds normally.  When a second user
attempts to login to the system the "cannot locate the server copy of your
roaming profile" message appears.  Until the system is rebooted no one that
attempts to login, even the user that originally logged in successfully,
can load their roaming profile.  Is there something else to set on the
client other than the "do not check for user ownership of roaming profiles
folders" group policy that I have missed?

Bill