[Samba] Re: Migrate passwords from NT4 to Samba-LDAP

Alban Browaeys albanbrowaeys at oreka.com
Thu May 6 00:12:11 GMT 2004

>     We are also finding that users that we enter manually, when
> attempting to login: if we enter the correct password we get and error
> messages that the user cannot be logged in due to error C000189.

I got those kind of errors whenever my statiosn are not joined properly.
(i forgot to create machine posix account, nullify its password, or apply
the join command )

PS/ windows reboot when you set the domain though it fails at this stage
you have to reboot again when you end fixing its trust account on the PDC

Hopes its help
Alban