[Samba] Re: 3.0.3 Woody packages?

Wim Vandersmissen wim at bofh.be
Wed May 5 19:39:28 GMT 2004

Michael Knigge <Michael.Knigge <at> set-software.de> writes:

> All,
>
> has anybody built samba 3.0.3 woody packages already?

Hi,

I haven't build packages but I tried to run samba 3.0.3 on woody (compile works
fine) but I'm having problems with 32-bit uid/gids, it causes smbd to crash and
even file loss, apparantly because the glibc 2.2.5 with debian stable doesn't
has support for these big uids (although I didn't have any problems with samba
2.2.x)

Using debian testing with glibc 2.3.2 wasn't an option (too much updates), so I
moved to RHEL3 and it's running fine now.

--Wim