Problem solved - Re: [Samba] Can not copy file, "The Path is too deep"

Hai Wu hwu3 at wpo.it.luc.edu
Wed May 5 17:47:44 GMT 2004

It turned out that Samba can not handle the following situation:
2 network cards bonded together, and they are connected to different
switches.

Samba can handle the following situation:
2 network cards bonded together, and they are connected to the same
switch.

Thanks,
Hai

>>> "Hai Wu" <hwu3 at wpo.it.luc.edu> 05/05/04 12:34 PM >>>
This is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 server. It has the following samba
packages installed:
samba-3.0.2-6.3E
samba-swat-3.0.2-6.3E
redhat-config-samba-1.0.16-1
samba-common-3.0.2-6.3E
samba-client-3.0.2-6.3E

It is a standalone domain member server, joined to WinNT 4.0 domain.

Everything works fine, except I could not copy large file from Windows
to Samba share, always got this "The Path is too deep" error. I got the
same results using Win2K server, Win2K professional, Win2K3 server.

I can copy 1K file though.

Any ideas? I have checked that shared directory, no symlinks in it.

Thanks,
Hai