[Samba] Samba 3.0.3 installing issue

Erwin Fritz efritz at glja.com
Tue May 4 21:03:02 GMT 2004

Which LDAP libraries are you using? Solaris has some built in ones that have been known to cause problems. The Samba dox say that OpenLDAP libraries are preferred, so I've installed them to /opt/openldap, and my LD_LIBRARY_PATH has that.

The other thing to check is the config.log file. It's in the same directory as the configure script you ran, and may shed some light on the errors.

Not sure if this'll help, but my configure command is run like this:

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/openldap/lib:/opt/kerberos/lib	      \
   CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/openldap/include -I/opt/kerberos/include" \
   LDFLAGS="-L/opt/openldap/lib -L/opt/kerberos/lib"	      \
   ./configure --prefix=/opt/samba		    \
	       --with-configdir=/var/samba/conf     \
	       --with-lockdir=/var/samba/lock	    \
	       --with-privatedir=/var/samba/private \