[Samba] ADS

Tom Skeren tms3 at fsklaw.net
Tue May 4 11:31:07 GMT 2004

Hi, new to list.

Running FreeBSD 5.2.1 with latest samba port.  I've gotten rather far,
but have hit a bit of a snag.  After getting kerberos and DNS sorted
out, I did
net ads join -U (An Admin name) got a pass prompt, the pass was
accepted.  Cool.  Had created no samba accounts, so from my laptop
(FreeBSD 5.1) I typre
mount_smbfs //user at unix/directory /directory got a pass request and it
worked.  WooHoo I said.  Alas, the Winblowz XP workstations, and 2000
servers cannot map.  In XP I usually get a login request, use the same
account I used from my laptop, and it just comes back asking for a pass.
The 2000 server responds "The mapped drive could not be created because
the following error has occured:  The account is not authorized to log
in from this station."

So, I'm not sure what to do next.  Should I change security = user to
server?  Is it a M$ problem (boy that would suprise me ;-) )?  I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

TMS III