[Samba] RE: Microsoft hotfix MS04-011, breaks Samba password change.

Jason Balicki kodak at frontierhomemortgage.com
Tue May 4 16:42:55 GMT 2004

>Once we know how complex the fix is I'll look at adding it into the
>2.2.x codebase and maybe releasing a 2.2.9 for all the people who are
>satisfied with Samba 2.2.8a and don't want to move to 3.0.x yet.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I plan on moving to 3.0.x sometime,
but I wanted it to be a migration to new machines, not an upgrade,
if you add this fix to 2.2.x it'll make that possible.  Thanks for
not making us move to a new codebase when we're not ready.

>I'm also very unhappy with Microsoft for releasing improperly tested
>hotfixes, but that's another story I'll probably be taking up with
>the Technical Comittee overseeing the DoJ Microsoft settlement and
>the EU as well.

Hear, hear.  Give 'em hell Jeremy. :)

Thanks for all your hard work...

--J(K)