[Samba] How to Cross compile Samba Source

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Tue May 4 06:52:10 GMT 2004

Here's my way to do this for ARM:

1st: set the CC enviroment. E.g.:
export LD_LIBARY_PATH=/usr/local/arm/arm-linux/lib
export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/arm/arm-linux/include
export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/arm/arm-linux/lib
export CC=arm-linux-gcc
export CFLAGS="-march=armv4 -mtune=strongarm110" # just an example

2nd: run configure:
./configure --host=i686 --target=arm-linux [...]

3rd: fix config.h
CFG="include/config.h"
echo "#define SIZEOF_INT 4"              >> $CFG
echo "#define SIZEOF_LONG 4"             >> $CFG
echo "#define SIZEOF_SHORT 2"            >> $CFG
echo "#define HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY_TZ 1"    >> $CFG
echo "#define USE_SETEUID 1"       >> $CFG
echo "#define HAVE_IFACE_IFCONF 1" >> $CFG

run make.

With the 2.2.x version i do not use winbind, but on the 3.x version i had to
fix the Makefile to get "nsswitch/winbind_nss_linux.o" compiled.
(host=i686-linux caused other problems. see the configure script.)

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 07:09, Pritesh Harivadan Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using  samba-2.2.8a.tar.gz source and complied for regular linux.
>
> Now I am trying to cross compile it, but do not have any guidelines on how
> to do it?
>
> Anyone can help me on, making cross compilation work for arm-linux host.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Pritesh
>
> "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy
> death."  -   Leonardo da Vinci

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS ON AN OPEN LIST:

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de
Software Development