SOME Suggestions on [Samba] Can't the very basic stuff to work

miles123 at gmx.de miles123 at gmx.de
Tue May 4 05:27:01 GMT 2004

Hello Eric,

can you pls. help me understand follwoing:
You wrote that: "Simple File Sharing" forces all
shares to be accessed as Guest.
But, isn't that valid only for the paricular Win-XP computer ?

So, if you set "Simple File Sharing" on a particular Win-XP computer,
then all accesses to shares located on and exported by
that particular computer will be mapped to Guest user.

But is this also valid, if that particular Win-XP computer
wants to access exported shares by and located on another system, e.g.
SAMBA server ? I mean does the "Simple File Sharing",
setting on a client has any influence on how accesses
are mapped to user on the server ?

I tested with  "Simple File Sharing", on and off but no changes.

Regards,
Vlad