[Samba] smbpasswd - root can change, but no-one else

R M Crorie samba at crorie.com
Tue May 4 02:04:38 GMT 2004

At
http://www.faqchest.com/linux/samba-l/smb-03/smb-0301/smb-030119/smb03011617_26135.html
Judy Lin describes a problem whereby an smbpasswd could be changed by root
but not by a user, also well documented by Dan Kirkpatrick at
http://www.faqchest.com/linux/samba-l/smb-03/smb-0301/smb-030104/smb03010612_20748.html
- but Judy reckons she found out what was wrong and fixed it before anyone
responded, and Dan didn't.

I have exactly the same problem and can't find a fix anywhere else.

Has this been resolved anywhere? Thanks.  I'm running samba 2.2.8a-107.

This email was prepared and sent on a PC running Linux. It hasn't
been checked for viruses because there's no such thing as a Linux
virus...  :-)

This communication is intended for the addressee only. Please let
the sender know by e-mail if you receive this in error. Thank-you
for your co-operation.