SOME Suggestions on [Samba] Can't the very basic stuff to work

Tim Booher tbbooher at cox.net
Tue May 4 01:48:31 GMT 2004

No -- not that I know -- how do I check that? I have been sharing lots of
files with other windows computers and have several drives mapped. When I
don't have windows passwords, it always prompts me for my password and
username.

Thanks,

Tim
My smb.conf
----------------------------
# **************************************************
[global]
workgroup = archenland
netbios name = agamemnon
security = share
printcap name = cups
disable spoolss = Yes
show add printer wizard = No
printing = cups
encrypt password = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

[homes]
comment = Tim and Chrissy's Home Directories
# we set the valid users = to the current share's name
valid users = %S
read only = No
# we might want to set this to No after troubleshooting
browseable = Yes

[data]
# this is the main share we run all our files from
comment=Tim and Chrissy's data store
path = /home/data
valid users = tim chrissy
read only = No