[Samba] Could you install Exchange on a Samba PDC's network?

kaze kaze at voicenet.com
Sat May 1 05:10:56 GMT 2004

--> From: Matthias Spork [mailto:hallo at matthiasspork.de]
--> Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 7:48 PM
-->
--> kaze schrieb:
-->
--> >Could you install Exchange on a Samba PDC's network?
--> >
--> >What would happen if you tried to run /domainprep?
--> >
--> >Could Exchange interact with a LDAP backend?
--> >
--> >Would this be some sort of NT4/W2K mixed-mode directory services setup?
--> >
--> >
--> Would you like to install Exchange on Unix? Does the Exchange-Server
--> runs on Unix? I don't think so.
-->
--> matze

Exchange 200x on a Windows 200x member server in a Samba PDC'ed domain was
my question; but

--> From: Andrew Bartlett [mailto:abartlet at samba.org]
--> Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 8:22 PM
--> People have run Exchange 5.5 on their Samba networks - make sure to use
--> a current Samba 3.0 however, as we needed to fix a few bugs.
-->
--> Andrew Bartlett

clearly I have to revert to an NT4 mindset with regard to Samba PDC stuff -
but I did post a follow-up question with that answer in mind as a
possibility: Could you do "some sort of NT4/W2K mixed-mode directory
services setup?" Like a Samba PDC'ed NT4 style domain with a two way trust
to a Windows 200x Server set up as a DC and Exchange 200x server?

 - kaze