Resolved --> RE: [Samba] Samba 3 PDC + OpenLDAP + Mandrake 10.0

Wisudanto C Suntoyo wisudanto at qdc.co.id
Sat May 1 04:55:33 GMT 2004

Hi All....

Resolved the current issues on my MDK 10.0 systems

1. I installed a fresh samba-3.0.3 from source since it was available,
and a thread in this list stated printing problems
on a Mdk 10.0 w/ smb3....

2. I found out from threads of this list that computer accounts
cannot be separated from user accounts' container in the LDAP tree....
A bug is it?????

so i started over
- emptying the LDAP database
- made minor changes in the smb.conf stating the computers dn to users dn
- enter LDAP bind password w/ smbpasswd -w mypa555555
- View new SID in secrects tdb
- modify the smbldap-tools confiurtion file to state computers dn
  in the users dn and New SID
- populating the database with smbldap-populate
- change Administrator uidNumber to 0
- setting Administrator Password

Join smb3 PDC to Domain --> success
Join WinXP Pro Ws to Domain --> success