Resolved --> RE: [Samba] Samba 3 PDC + OpenLDAP + Mandrake 10.0
Wisudanto C Suntoyo
wisudanto at qdc.co.id
Sat May 1 04:55:33 GMT 2004
Resolved the current issues on my MDK 10.0 systems
1. I installed a fresh samba-3.0.3 from source since it was available,
and a thread in this list stated printing problems
on a Mdk 10.0 w/ smb3....
2. I found out from threads of this list that computer accounts
cannot be separated from user accounts' container in the LDAP tree....
A bug is it?????
so i started over
- emptying the LDAP database
- made minor changes in the smb.conf stating the computers dn to users dn
- enter LDAP bind password w/ smbpasswd -w mypa555555
- View new SID in secrects tdb
- modify the smbldap-tools confiurtion file to state computers dn
in the users dn and New SID
- populating the database with smbldap-populate
- change Administrator uidNumber to 0
- setting Administrator Password
Join smb3 PDC to Domain --> success
Join WinXP Pro Ws to Domain --> success
From: Chris Snider [mailto:Chris.Snider at Tagtmi.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 3:11 AM
To: 'Wisudanto C Suntoyo'; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: [Samba] Samba 3 PDC + OpenLDAP + Mandrake 10.0
Did you add your root account using smbpasswd -a root? If so check to make
sure you have a root=administrator entry in the /etc/samba/smbusers file.
Try these steps first and let me know.
More information about the samba