[Samba] CUPS - adddriver-rpc fails

Michael Frotscher frotscher at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 31 19:16:08 GMT 2004

Hello, Samba-Users

I'm trying to provide a printer from my samba-box (SuSE 8.2, Samba 2.2.8,
CUPS 1.1.19) to windows clients. file shares work fine and the printer is
set up correcty in cups.

First I tried using cupsaddsmb. This fails at the adddriver-part. The
printer is detected correctly by samba and the driver files are copied
into the print$-share.

Running

rpcclient -Uroot%pw -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
"brother:cupsdrvr.dll:brother.ppd:cupsui.dll:cups.hlp:NULL:RAW:NULL"'
localhost

results in:

cmd = adddriver "Windows NT x86"
"brother:cupsdrvr.dll:brother.ppd:cupsui.dll:cups.hlp:NULL:RAW:NULL"
result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

"brother" is the name I want the driver to have and the named files are
all present in print$\W32X86. The samba log file shows:

printing/nt_printing.c:get_correct_cversion(1099)
  get_correct_cversion: Unable to connect

What could be wrong here?

Sincerely,
--
Michael Frotscher
Institute of Inorganic and Applied Chemistry