[Samba] What's the solution? Multiple users accessing Samba fromterminal server

Matt Perkins mperkins at lbmc.com
Wed Mar 31 18:26:07 GMT 2004

When you have the connection problem, what error do you get? Does it say
that there are too many connections? By default, Samba only allows 128
connections per machine. On a Terminal Server, 128 connections can be
used up quickly. To resolve the connection problem, compile Samba from
source but before your run <./configure>, set MAX_CONNECTIONS in
samba-source-dir/smbd/conn.c to a larger number. On our server, I
changed it from 128 to 2048 and haven't had a problem since.

Matt