[Samba] limitation in the homes share

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Mar 31 13:36:06 GMT 2004

With the standard smb.conf setup:

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

On every machine I have used, you can hit any home share of any user,
provided you have permission on the unix directory, by manually entering
the name.  For example, if I have a server called server, and I'm logged
in as me (pgienger) and want to see the home dir of bobjohnson, I can
simply type in \\server\bobjohnson and it will show me his home,
provided I have permissions on that directory.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you want...

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254