[Samba] force user not working

Chris chrisd at better-investing.org
Tue Mar 30 19:50:44 GMT 2004

>:0)

Just kidding.  I wouldn't do that to you guys :0)

I just hate it when people get the answer they want, and then don't post the
solution!  How selfish!

The answer was this: "admin users = chris, administrator"

Apparently, this is handled differently in 2.0.7 than it is in 3.0.2a.  3.0.2a
basicly says that anyone on the admin list is effectively root.  Since I was
testing it with my account, it was setting my user to root, and hence any
file I made was owned by the man.

I am simply going to do away with admin users, since I have no real use for
that anymore anyway.

ciao.

Chris